Browsing this Thread: 1 Anonymous Users
LucaRocchi LucaRocchi
  • Started insulating
  • Started insulating
  • From Milan, IT
  • Group: Registered Users Webmasters
  • Posted on: 2016/5/5 7:18
[leak] Broadwell-E tested #1
According to last rumors on overclock.net, it looks like someone can already play with new CPUs. The launch of these new models is expected for the next Computex 2016 during the end of May.

Resized Image

Few days ago we have seen some benchmarks of the new i7-6850K the replacement of the i7-5820K. According to first test, the difference clock-per-clock should be around 10% of perfomance. Like every kind of refresh or upgrade, we can see also lower temps, lower consumptions and a PCB much tinner.

(right click on image -> view image, for more details)

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

More

Last night Siliconlottery published few additional benchmark of the new beast in terms of perfomance, the new i7-6950X. The new King of the Hill packs 10 cores with 20 threads, while the "old" i7-5960X had 8 cores and 16 threads.

According to overclock.net, the source, the tester used a Corsair H105 for every test hitting 80C in Cinebench with a clock of 4500 MHz. On following we can see few scores on Cinebench R15 and Intel XTU; the performance are quite impressive even with stock clocks. For example for a better comparison, with a 5960X @ stock on Cinebench we can hit 13xx points, while on 4.5 GHz 17xx points.

The 6950X is already available on siliconlottery.com for 2k USD, since it's not still on the market it's an ES model.

(right click on image -> view image, for more details)

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image
Edited by LucaRocchi on 2016/5/5 7:36:33
Edited by LucaRocchi on 2016/5/5 7:40:54
[leak] Broadwell-E tested [Processors] - ocaholic