Browsing this Thread: 1 Anonymous Users
rewarder rewarder
  • Webmaster
  • Webmaster
  • From Zürich CH
  • Group: Registered Users Webmasters
  • Posted on: 2017/8/10 10:45
Finished - Project Black and Sleek - by rewarder #1
After having spent what felt like a small eternity with my CaseLabs build, I decided that it's about time to put together a new "office PC". I wanted to build a new rig for myself since quite a while but I've never really had enough motivation ... or let's say leisure time to go ahead and do so. Luckily the summer period in the hardware industry is usually "quite chill" and therefore this is/was basically the time to start cracking.

In my opinion every water cooled build starts with the one main question: Which case am I going to use? When Lian Li announced the PC-O11 earlier this year I start to grow fond of it, since it ticked quite a few of my boxes when it comes to custom water cooled builds. What I like about this case in particular is the possibility to put a 360 radiator at the top and another second 360 rad at the bottom. On top of that there is just the right amount of space to equip both rads with three fans pulling air inwards and even screw a pump/reservoir combo on top of one of the fans. What I personally believe is a huge upgrade to the looks of any build are the tempered glass panels the modern "modding cases" ship with. I imagining this to look quite a lot better on my desk. In the end it took no time at all and I already had a decent image in my head of what the finished rig could/should look like.

Apart from the fact that I wanted to switch to a more modern looking case I wanted to have a rig that looks sleek. It's my plan to build a system with a completely black color scheme and on top of that I'd like to have as many black matte parts as possible. Another thing I want to have is a parallel loop. They just look so much cleaner. Although hard tubing is really trendy now I'm personally just no fan of it. I don't know ... I might have a weird taste when it comes to this stuff, but I like the black matte EK ZMT tubing very much. And yes ... it's that rubber-like tube.
In my CaseLabs I currently run coolant with a white pastel additive and after more than a year of daily usage the white started so slowy turn into some sort of a very bright grey. In combination with the white LEDs I've had inside the CaseLabs it still appeared white but I really wasn't happy with this anymore. In the case of my new rig I'm going to use clear distilled water with an anti corrosion additive. I believe that this will add to a very sleek and highly understated look.

So ... I believe this is enough of a text wall for the start. Following I'm going to list the different products I'm going to use on this project:

The new Case - PC-O11
Resized Image

The processor - Intel Core i7-6950X
Resized Image

The motherboard - ASUS Rampage V Edition 10
Resized Image

The graphics cards - 2 x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Edition
Resized Image

[d]The memory - 8 x 4GB KLEVV CRAS DDR4-3000

The memory - 4 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3000C15
Resized Image

The SSD - Samsung 960 PRO 1 TB
Resized Image

The power supply - Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W
Resized Image

The water cooling gear - A lot
1 x EK-Supremacy EVO - Acetal+Nickel
4 x EK-Tube ZMT Matte Black 15,9/9,5mm (1m)
12 x EK-ACF Fitting 10/16mm - Black
3 x EK-AF Angled 45° G1/4 - Black
3 x EK-AF Angled 90° G1/4 - Black
1 x EK-M.2 NVMe Heatsink - Black
2 x EK-FC1080 GTX - Acetal+Nickel
2 x EK-FC1080 GTX Backplate - Black
1 x EK-XRES 100 Revo D5 PWM (incl. pump)
1 x EK-RES X3 250
2 x EK-CoolStream PE 360 (Triple)
6 x EK-Vardar F3-120 (1850rpm)
2 x EK-Cable Splitter 4-Fan PWM Extended
1 x EK-HD Tube 12/16mm 4-Slot (2 pcs)
1 x EK-RAM Monarch Module - Black (2pcs)
1 x EK-UNI Pump Bracket (120mm FAN) Vertical
Edited by rewarder on 2017/8/23 7:43:46
Edited by rewarder on 2017/10/9 11:55:03
Edited by rewarder on 2017/10/9 11:55:33
Edited by rewarder on 2017/10/9 15:38:58
rewarder rewarder
  • Webmaster
  • Webmaster
  • From Zürich CH
  • Posted on: 2017/8/11 11:04
Re: Project Black and Sleek - by rewarder #2
I've started putting all the things up and together to start working on the project. I guess I'll get most of it done this week-end. For now a pic of the arrangement of all the components and the cooling.

Resized Image
rewarder rewarder
  • Webmaster
  • Webmaster
  • From Zürich CH
  • Posted on: 2017/8/12 7:06
Re: Project Black and Sleek - by rewarder #3
I finally decided how I'm going to arrange the loop. Since I've ordered the little tube connectors for the GPUs from EK I'be running the water parallel through the GPU and blocks and the CPU. This way I can arrange the tubing neatly and the loop is going to look clean.
rewarder rewarder
  • Webmaster
  • Webmaster
  • From Zürich CH
  • Posted on: 2017/8/18 12:18
Re: Project Black and Sleek - by rewarder #4
Although it was my plan to start with this build already last week-end it got a little delayed, but here are a few pics on the building process.

I have to say I really like those two 1080's with completely black cooler!

As you can see I also installed the memory with the EK Monarch heatspreaders. But I have to say I don't like the looks of them that much That's actually a real pity ... I'm not sure yet what memory I'm going to use in the end

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image
rewarder rewarder
  • Webmaster
  • Webmaster
  • From Zürich CH
  • Posted on: 2017/8/23 7:42
Finished - Project Black and Sleek - by rewarder #5
ok then ... I finally got it done.

After having the memory installed with the EK monarch blocks I didn't like them, which made me think what I'd have at hand to use instead. Luckily I had a quad channel kit of Corsair Vengeance RGB. I didn't want to use them in the first place because the lighting is very prominent and the shape of the heatspreaders is a bit too aggressive for my taste. But whatever ... it's the best alternative, so let's go.

I'd like to point out that I went for a parallel loop. I simply love it how clean it makes builds look when there are two tubes connecting the CPU block with the GPUs in parallel manner.

In the beginnin I also planned on using a 150mm reservoir. I actually already had that one installed when I though about trying out the 250mm that was in lying in a shelv, staring at me. After putting that one in place it was a no brainer to go with this one. It just has the perfect height.

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

So ... after all ... what do you guys think?
Crash-Over Crash-Over
  • Discovered the hairdryer
  • Group: Registered Users
  • Posted on: 2017/8/23 12:53
Re: Finished - Project Black and Sleek - by rewarder #6
sehr cool gebaut Ich finde es hammer besonders das schwarz mit dem weissen akzent . Gibts eigentlich gross Temp Unterschiede zwischen Paralell und in Reihe
rewarder rewarder
  • Webmaster
  • Webmaster
  • From Zürich CH
  • Posted on: 2017/8/24 6:28
Re: Finished - Project Black and Sleek - by rewarder #7
Quote:

Crash-Over wrote:
sehr cool gebaut Ich finde es hammer besonders das schwarz mit dem weissen akzent . Gibts eigentlich gross Temp Unterschiede zwischen Paralell und in Reihe

Danke
Wenn überhaupt, dann sind die Unterschiede absolut marginal. Lasse ich prime95 (SmallFET) laufen sowie gleichzeitig Furmark, so erhalte ich die folgenden Temperaturen:

CPU Package: 73°C
GPU 1: 49°C
GPU 2: 51°C

Taktraten sind alle auf Standard.
Crash-Over Crash-Over
  • Group: Registered Users
  • Posted on: 2017/8/24 9:09
Re: Finished - Project Black and Sleek - by rewarder #8
Quote:

rewarder wrote:
Quote:

Crash-Over wrote:

Danke
Wenn überhaupt, dann sind die Unterschiede absolut marginal. Lasse ich prime95 (SmallFET) laufen sowie gleichzeitig Furmark, so erhalte ich die folgenden Temperaturen:

CPU Package: 73°C
GPU 1: 49°C
GPU 2: 51°C

Taktraten sind alle auf Standard.

Ok wenn ich die Temps so anschaue sind wirklich gering
rewarder rewarder
  • Webmaster
  • Webmaster
  • From Zürich CH
  • Posted on: 2017/10/9 11:57
Re: Finished - Project Black and Sleek - by rewarder #9
This project received a little upgrade. I've got my hands on two 60cm LED strips from Cablemod and now the lighting finally looks the way I imagined it. Apparently ... stay tuned for some more pictures
Re: Finished - Project Black and Sleek - by rewarder [Build Logs / Projects] - ocaholic